October 4, 2009

Victory

Well, the climax has finally come. It's been months since I returned from Germany, and the Robbie project has been marching on, but the competition has come and passed in just a day. Sick Robot Day 2009 took place on October 3rd, and Kobra (Robbie 13's robot day build) took first place.
It's not uniformly good news, because evidently our robot only recognized two of the posts (out of nine), while none of the others recognized more than one. I guess it was a more difficult task than I thought--I hope they put up some video of the competition soon. In the meantime, though, here's the press release--in German--and the official blog--also in German, but with pictures! It's so nice to see the final setup of the robot looking just like I imagined it would. I'd better go now before I get all teary-eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment